Midreshet Torat Chessed
At Midreshet Torat Chessed, we believe in the power of a multi-faceted Year in Israel experience—and that an experience that combines serious Torah learning together with meaningful chessed can be life altering, as each aspect mutually enhances the other. Throughout their year, our students will dedicate their time towards strengthening their connection to the three major pillars of Jewish life- Torat Yisrael, Am Yisrael, and Eretz Yisrael. Bet Elazraki has developed a reputation around the world as being one of the most professional, successful, and thriving homes for at risk children in the country. It is an institution with unparalleled warmth and energy.
The participants of Midreshet Torat Chessed will have the singular opportunity to experience, and to help create, this warmth. They will be a part of The home- and integrate into the home. They will spend their afternoons with the children, as well as many Shabbatot and Chagim. They will live near the children and eat their meals with the children. Through this, they will be- come an integral part of the Bet Elazraki team.They will join 40 Israeli girls their age who are completing Sheirut Leumi (national service) at the home, which will give them the unique opportunity to befriend peers from Israel, and gain a singular understanding of Israeli society and culture.
In addition, the warmth and energy that permeates Bet Elazraki will define all aspects of our Midrasha as well. Midreshet Torat Chessed will be a place of warmth and meaning. It will be a place where girls will be encouraged to grow, but in their own way and at their own pace. Our excellent staff, classes, and programming will be geared towards creating a year of meaningful self reflection – all in the context of one of Israel’s most dynamic and exceptional institutions.
- Combine half a day of Torah study with half a day of meaningful volunteer work with underprivileged children at a world renowned Children's home.
- Learn the unique power of giving on a daily basis.
- Work hand in hand with 50 Israeli Sheirut Leumi girls.
- Gain unique insight into Israeli society and culture by being a part of an Israeli Children's Home.
- Strengthen your connection to Am Yisrael, Torat Yisrael, and Eretz Yisrael every single day!
- Main Subject: Jewish Studies
- Jewish Studies
- 9.5 Months
- Bet Elazraki Children's Home
- Program appears on grant application as:
- Midreshet Torat Chessed
- $ 23500
- Program Dates:
- August 27,2017 - June 06,2018 Apply to this program