Hashomer Hatzair - Shnat Zafon
Shnat, which means year in Hebrew, is a year of individual growth and exploration in which participants learn all sorts of life skills, things about themselves, and how to negotiate life with greater independence. Shnat is also about participating in a collective, the Shnat Kvutza, and about being part of a movement forum. This means that the process of independence, individual growth and discovery is connected to and supported by the other members of the group and the madrichim (guides) of the kvutza.
The program gives participants tools to be able to do well in the world, fostering critical thought, learning about Israel, politics and Judaism, functioning in groups as well as taking care of oneself independently. Shnat provides the tools and a forum for exploring the next steps and potential paths for continuing to build one’s life consciously and within the framework of Hashomer Hatzair.
- Main Subject: Youth Movement Studies, Gap Year (Programs)
- Advocacy, Intensive Hebrew Language, Israel/Middle Eastern Studies, Kibbutz
- 8 Months
- Open to:
- Religious Affiliation:
- Havatzelet- Hashomer Hatzair
- Program appears on grant application as:
- Hashomer Hatzair - Shnat Zafon
- $ 12800
- Program Dates:
- September 12,2017 - May 17,2018 Apply to this program