Eco-Israel offers Jewish young adults the opportunity to embrace permaculture and sustainable living through intensive hands-on experience and coursework on an organic farm. Upon completion of the program, you will receive an internationally recognized certificate in permaculture design. Based at the Hava & Adam Eco-Educational farm in Modi’in (located halfway between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv) Eco-Israel allows you to explore how ecology, Judaism, and Israel blend together in a working model of a self-sustaining ecological community.
The Hava & Adam Eco-Educational Farm is completely dependent upon the energy, creative resources, and time of its residents. All members of the farm, including a group of young Israelis on a year of service, share responsibility in running the site and making it their home. As a large family, you will cook with your fellow residents eat together and work alongside them.
For more information, contact:
- Main Subject: Experiential Programs, Eco Studies
- Environmentalism, Nutrition/Wellness
- 5 Months
- Open to:
- Religious Affiliation:
- Hava & Adam
- Program appears on grant application as:
- Program Dates:
- February 18,2018 - July 19,2018, MODI'IN ILLIT, $6900 Apply to this program
- September 02,2018 - February 02,2019, MODI'IN ILLIT, $6900 Apply to this program