Bar-Ilan offers college graduates and highly-motivated career changers who never took premed courses the opportunity to complete preparation for medical school, dental school, veterinary school, or nursing school in just one year, in English, on our bucolic campus just twenty minutes from downtown Tel Aviv.
We prepare you for your career as a doctor through world-renowned premedical coursework, intensive Stanley Kaplan MCAT preparation classes, in-depth essay and medical school application tutorials, one-on-one interview coaching, outstanding clinical medical opportunities, and a supportive community. Bar-Ilan offers a first-rate American-accredited university, with linkage that gives its students the lead when applying to competitive medical schools in America.
Interested in a career in audiology, optometry, pharmacy, podiatry, psychology, or rehabilitation science? Bar-Ilan's program is a great place to start your coursework.
- Smaller class size – Just 35 students per class. (Most premed programs have many more—100, 200, even 400 students in a class.)
- Intensive Stanley Kaplan MCAT preparation – Over 54 classroom hours, 30 testing hours, 24 sessions, with additional practicum with tutors as needed. Included in your fees, saving you $2,000 or more.
- Personalized attention – Work one-on-one with the Inaugural Chair of Family Medicine at Tufts University Medical School to craft the perfect medical school package.
- Interview coaching – Intensive interview coaching.
- Faculty mentoring – Our world-class faculty will work with you individually to create a strategic timeline for your medical school applications.
- Israel – You can complete your postbac premed requirements for American medical school and spend a year in Israel at the same time.
- Unique opportunities – The program includes these optional activities:
A Magen David Adom (Red Cross) course in emergency medicine
Introduction to the medical system in Israel, including extended tours of the Israeli medical schools and hospitals
Guided tours (all fees included) of the nature, history, and culture of Israel
Learn about global health clinical medical initiatives in Israel and around the world.
A course in Jewish and Israeli history and culture
Social weekends to encourage and facilitate networking and socialization between the premed students and the Israeli students on campus
Participation in Jewish learning at the Bar-Ilan University Kollel or Midrasha.
Participation in Bar-Ilan's Student Host Program, which connects students with Israeli families living in the greater Tel Aviv area