Ayelet Hashajar divides its time between high-level Torah study and volunteer work/Sherut Leumi with the intention of strengthening the students' commitment to Torah, solidifying their Jewish identity and reinforcing their ties to the Land and People of Israel. Women in the program develop their Torah knowledge, Hebrew language skills, and abilities in the area in which they are trained to volunteer. Volunteer work provides students with the opportunity to apply Torah concepts they have learned.
Young women enrolled at Ayelet Hashajar spend their afternoons/evenings participating in classes with a high level of Torah study and learning sessions, including: lectures based on rabbinic texts (Mishna, Midrash, etc.); self-study and chavrutot; in addition, there is an art therapy class and a creative writing class to provide students with a creative outlet after a long and intense week. Mornings are spent in volunteer work/Sherut Leumi in volunteer locations including hospitals, kindergartens, schools, community centers and retirement homes.
- Main Subject: Jewish Studies
- Intensive Hebrew Language, Jewish Studies
- 5, 10 Months
- Open to:
- Religious Affiliation:
- Machon Torani Latfuzot
- Program appears on grant application as:
- Ayelet Hashajar
- Program Dates:
- September 01,2017 - June 30,2018, JERUSALEM, $7500 Apply to this program
- September 01,2017 - January 31,2018, JERUSALEM, $7500 Apply to this program
- February 01,2018 - June 30,2018, JERUSALEM, $7500 Apply to this program