Are you interested in making a difference in Israel? The Yahel Social Change Program gives Jewish young adults an unparalleled opportunity to live, learn and volunteer alongside Israelis in a predominantly Ethiopian Israeli neighborhood.
Interested? Applications are now open for 2012 program September 2012 - June 2013. Our first deadline is April 1, 2012 (*preference will be given to early applicants) Click here to apply!
- Live as part of the local Ethiopian Israeli community and experience the community's culture, tradition and way of life
- Volunteer with a grassroots organization to learn first hand about social change and community empowerment, and contribute in a sustainable manner to these efforts through direct service
- Grow professionally by teaching in the local schools, working with at-risk youth, working in community gardens and cultivating deep relationships with your peers and community members
- Explore the country and engage with Israeli social change initiatives through meetings with social entrepreneurs and policy makers
- Create and build a vibrant community that learns and works together, forming the basis for individual and mutual growth
Do all of this and more for only $1,000 (flight, housing and all program expenses included). Spots are limited so apply now!