At Masa Israel, we mean business. Literally.
Living in Israel challenges you to excel in ways that no other experience can, and employers are starting to take notice. We’re bringing together some the most exciting organizations and companies, both inside the Jewish community and out, to meet Masa Israel participants and alumni at the Masa Israel Community Online Career Expo.
If that isn’t enough to convince you to participate, here are a few more reasons you should check it out:
1. Bring your passion to campus. Masa Israel alumni have been hired to work at Hillels on over 20 campuses, and Hillel’s talent recruiters are interested in “populat[ing] Hillel’s professional cohort with talented individuals and budding leaders who are actively exploring Israel and reinforcing their Jewish and Israel connections.” They want to meet individuals who are looking to work with students and campus partners to create a robust, vibrant, and positive Jewish presence on campuses and in communities. If that’s you, then Hillel is the perfect fit.
2. Make the Jewish community a better place. Whether you’re interested in young adult engagement, community development, or Israel and overseas initiatives, working for a Jewish Federation can be a great way to become a leader in the Jewish community. The Jewish Federations of North America manages talent acquisition for Jewish federations across the country and they can help you figure out what federation and what type of position would be the best fit.
Or, learn about positions and opportunities in the Schusterman Philanthropic Network, a global enterprise that supports and creates innovative initiatives for the purpose of igniting the passion and unleashing the power in young people to create positive change for themselves, the Jewish community and the broader world.
3. Make the world a better place. What could be better than doing well while doing good? Start your career off serving the community as a Repair the World Fellow, where you’ll work to mobilize volunteers in communities across the US; learn about the JDC Entwine Global Jewish Service Corps, where you’ll serve abroad on behalf of the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization; become an Avodah corps member and work to address urban poverty in a nonprofit organization, or even join the staff of Teach for America to close the education gap in the US.
4. Connect to top companies like Wells Fargo and EY (Ernst and Young). Drop of your resume for L Brands, which owns Victoria’s Secret, Bath and Body Works, La Senza and Henri Bendel, or chat with Acquis Consulting, a management consulting firm voted one of the “Best Small Firms to Work For.”
5. Work for the organizations you love. If you grew up in BBYO, went to a Union for Reform Judaism synagogue or summer camp, miss your days in Young Judaea, went to Jewish day school, or loved your Masa Israel experience, we all want to hire you to help others have experiences like yours. Help keep these organizations strong and vibrant by joining the staff, working at camp, or advising a youth group!
6. Make engaging with Israel your job. Whatever your political leanings, we want to keep you connected to Israel. Check out jobs across the country at AIPAC strengthening relations between the United States and Israel, or nab a campus internship with J Street to mobilize work for the future of Israel as a Jewish, democratic county.
7. Get help polishing up your resume. If you stop by the Masa Israel booth, we’ll go over your resume and help you make it stronger so you can make a better impression in your job or internship search. You can already start preparing for the fair with our Masa Works resources, and our alumni team will help you bring your resume to the next level. (Also, we have other great opportunities for alumni we can tell you about!)
Ridiculously awesome, right? You can meet all of these employers from the comfort of your couch (you don’t even have to wear a tie).
Sound good? We thought so. Register now at www.masaisrael.org/dreamjobs.