Find out about events and opportunities while you are in Israel.Read More
Outstanding students around the globe aspire to study in distinguished universities. Few of them are aware that already today it is possible to gain admission to one of the leading universities in the world on the basis of their matriculation grade average in their native country, while paying more reasonable tuition than the norm at comparable top universities.
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, ranked 53 in the world and considered the top, premiere university in Israel, is opening its gates. Prestigious areas of study are now opened to new international students in the framework of an innovative admissions track for Bachelor's degree studies.
Upon successful completion of the Foundation Year, students will be admitted directly to Bachelor's degree studies in their selected department, with no need to take the Psychometric Entrance Test. This unique track, the first of its kind in Israel, facilitates a challenging, personal experience in an international environment in Jerusalem, a multicultural and historical center.
Yeshivat Torah V’Avodah offers highly motivated young adults a year experience that is broad, enriching, and intense. Months of Bet Midrash learning are complemented by avodah (service), tiyulim, internships, and more.
This program is conducted in French.
• Develop Jewish Peoplehood – Formalize the link between Israel's Jews and Diaspora Jews through their common historical and cultural heritage while inspiring desire for mutual action and commitment to the future.
• Leadership Development – Grow leadership abilities through self-leadership and the will to lead and serve as a personal example. The students will self-manage themselves and the program by running committees and working on individual and group projects (with the help and guidance of our staff).
• Improve Public Diplomacy – Train advocates to speak out for Israel. Public diplomacy will stem from a deep knowledge and faith in the importance of the Zionist vision. Students will acquire the tools and the skills to disseminate this knowledge.
• Solidifying Jewish Zionist identity – Develop a personal identity rooted in the philosophies of some of the greatest Israeli and world leaders. With a broad education and focused study, the students will become leaders with vision and purpose, possessing the resolve and ability to effect real change within themselves and society at large.
• Love of the Land – Understand Israel geographically and socially by becoming familiar with all sectors of the population engendering the understanding that the pioneer spirit is still very much alive in contemporary Israel.
• Preparation for Next Step – Practice physical fitness and mental stability for those joining the IDF. For those returning home, identify the challenges within the different Jewish communities and preparing for returning home for meaningful involvement.
The weekly schedule is primarily filled with learning Zionism, Jewish history, philosophy, Hebrew, politics, and Israel advocacy. Alongside this learning, we partake in many outdoor activities such as hiking, acquiring navigation skills, volunteering, getting to know communities around Israel and more. All activities are in English.